[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] VTTC feedback coil phasing [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VTTC feedback coil phasing

Bouncing back from advance mot trans post.

What amp size variac are you using?

Up until now, I was using a 10 amp at 120v. Worked just fine at this level.
Mine has a toggle switch built in for 120 or 140v. I kinda knew when I was
going to try this variac at 140 it was not going to like it, but I decided
to verify. The amp demand is going to be much greater. And yes it would
buzz very loudly. Some from mot. But not too bad. Variac very bad, at least
my 10 amper. They can be overloaded some for a bit, but it sounded like way
too much. I did not measure output voltage at the time but I am also sure
it did suffer from this. Did not even want to try any tuning with this. So
then I had to dig out the bigger 20 amp variac. This one was already set up
for 140v out only. Just a little noise, mot is happier also. Measured amp
draw at 140v when things were tuned up at 24" arcs on my T-200 coil was
steady pulses about going from 15 to 19 amps because of course pulsing the
coil.

More details coming...

Chris