From: Steve White <steve.white1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla Coil List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Feb 26, 2018 6:56 am
Subject: [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor

My 883A VTTC is based on Steve Ward's schematic. His schematic indicates a 5K ohm grid leak resistor. With that value I was getting a 19" spark at 140 volts on the variac. Today I experimented with the grid leak resistor by cutting it in half to 2500 ohms. My spark length increased by about 1" to 20 ". I didn't want to go any smaller yet. Is there a value of grid leak resistor that is too small for this design?

Steve