[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor

My 883A VTTC is based on Steve Ward's schematic. His schematic indicates a 5K ohm grid leak resistor. With that value I was getting a 19" spark at 140 volts on the variac. Today I experimented with the grid leak resistor by cutting it in half to 2500 ohms. My spark length increased by about 1" to 20 ". I didn't want to go any smaller yet. Is there a value of grid leak resistor that is too small for this design?

Steve