[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Divide and conquer [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Divide and conquer

I remember we looked at various divider arrangements, some of
which ran down the inside of the secondary.   Whatever you do
will have some complicated frequency response (distributed RC
and maybe some L too), plus the divider will respond not just
to topload potential but also the voltage along the coil itself.

A calibrated E-field probe is probably the best, effectively a
capacitive divider.  And if placed safely above the topload,
will tend to respond mostly to topload voltage.   You would
expect a better (simpler) frequency response than with a RC
divider, which is handy if you want to look at small fast
transients on the topvolts during breakout.

Perhaps it is possible to build a capacitive divider from a
long string of small capacitors?

--
Paul Nicholson