[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Ricci Transformer [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ricci Transformer

Looking at the video, I do not think it is a GFI.
I believe it is an open circuit protection where it shuts the transformer off if there is no load or a broken tube. This would be to prevent arcing to ground and possible starting a fire. This would make sense in that it would allow an arc until it got too big and then shut down.
Further, there does not seem to be a reset which GFI's usually have.

Hard to tell but I think the jumpers are not correct either. I believe all that needs to be jumped are the two power leads straight across. HOWEVER, measure the third lead to the case, both lugs and to the secondary. Most likely this is the center tap of the transformer secondary and they used it for the sense circuit. If the secondary output of the transformer does not show resistance to ground on either leg, then I suspect the third pair of lugs need a jumper across them as well to make sure the secondary center tap is grounded.

Frank