[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Ken Strickfaden's "Multistributor" [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ken Strickfaden's "Multistributor"

It is just a large rotary spark gap.
Here is a small write up of it.

The multistributor consists of a motor-driven, whirling electrode with five points. At great speed these points pass another electrode with a set of seven points. As each point of one electrode passes a point of the other, a 20,000-volt spark occurs. These sparks form featherlike flashes between the two rings. The inner electrode spins at a speed of about 1000 revolutions per minute.