[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Where is everyone? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Where is everyone?

Hello, my name is DJ. I am new to the list and I've only ever tried to make
one Tesla coil. That coil ended up EMPing my phone, so I took a break for
my own safety. LOL I am however 44 years old and extremely interested in
Tesla coils. So I guess this is an introduction of sorts. I just moved to
Colorado Springs to be closer to the history of Tesla. Unfortunately I have
been too busy to find anyone local in the area to help me learn more about
making Tesla coils and about Tesla history, even though I'm in the place
where he did some of his research. I do know basic electronics, but just
enough to be dangerous. I was hoping that there would be someone in the
area who I could get together with an actually learn from. I have an
eclectic collection of old radio equipment as well as I just purchased some
parts from someone else's coil, I have just, as I said before, not had time
to put it together.
I really like to know the way things work so I'm somewhat daunted to build
a Tesla coil, with not really understanding enough about resinance and high
voltage.
But I can dream.
Take care!
DJ