[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Good and Cheap Ballast Options [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Good and Cheap Ballast Options

Dave,
I have heard of the welder option before, but one of the drawbacks is that
they are bulky. On the other hand, a commercially made welder should be
pretty robust and handle some heavy duty cycles! That said, I do have two
120vac MIG welders, and I don't want to sacrifice them. The selector
switches seem to be potentiometers so I am not sure how it is limiting the
current. Maybe a 240vac stick welder is a different beast though. Thanks
for the heads up about the magnetic forces at play!
~Dan
Kansas City area

<snipped for the lists' pleasure>