From: Daniel Kunkel <dankunkel@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Nov 25, 2018 3:21 pm
Subject: [TCML] Good and Cheap Ballast Options

Hello All,
I am looking to ballast my new potential transformer. I came across this
idea (http://hotstreamer.deanostoybox.com/mnovak/ballast.html) of using
1/8" welding rods inside a 2" PVC wrapped with 500ft of stranded 10awg
THHN. Seems cheap and functional. You can add or remove rods to alter
inductance and raise and lower the core as well. I wonder if there are any
other equally cheap/good or better ideas?
Thanks,
~Dan
Kansas City area