[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Motor Needed for RSG [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Motor Needed for RSG

Tim,

I'd recommend using a simple brushed DC permanent magnet motor, driven from a variac and step-down transformer (if necessary), followed by a full-wave bridge rectifier. Lots of choices out there on and off eBay. These motors are typically used for electric wheelchairs, scooters, and bikes. Something like eBay items 192641960478, 292609497613, or 162327781607 should do the trick.

Good luck,

Bert

Tim Flood wrote:
I need a small variable speed motor that can be controlled to around 1000
RPM. I have searched and searched on line with no results. And, small needs
to be around 2" or 3" in diameter if possible.

What I have found so far are universal motors rated at 1/15 HP and 5000 to
10K RPM. These motors will not function when run at 1000 RPM.

Any ideas, sources or even someone may have one for sale?

Thank you and any ideas will be appreciated.

Tim