[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] first light, new link to clip [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] first light, new link to clip

Thanks Steve,
The white material is whitewashed plaster on the rock face of this
underground bomb shelter. The room is huge, two stories at altogether 1800
square meters, but the cieling height is lacking. There are some positions
with a bit more height, but to use these I have to move big piles of metal
stretchers and beds, stored for the original purpose of the place. I also
have to move the fluorescent lighting fixtures, that are suspended from the
roof on wires. They can be seen on the clip and are much to low and close to
the center of the tunnel formed space. But I realize that this is the only
way to go, if I want to explore the potential of the coil.

The floor is heavily reinforced concrete, I use the rebar system as a
counterpoise type ground. The spiral staircase that can be seen at the end
of the clip is connected to the rebar system of upper and lower floor. That
gives me a huge metal grid as counterpoise, a flourescent tube connected
between that and mains ground shows no flickering at all when I run the
coil.

Jan,
Stockholm, Sweden

Hello Jan,

Great looking coil. That room is much too small for that coil. What is that
fluffy looking material near the ceiling? It looks like smoke but it doesn't
appear to be moving.

Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa