[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] GF NST,s [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] GF NST,s

Hi Doug!
This post might also fit the "where is everybody" post, as I am one of
those long-time lurkers as well.  I've been gathering parts to build
various tesla coils, and through ignorance have a pile of GF NSTs thinking
that I could use them for small tesla coils, until I too read that they
wouldn't work.  Although I have most of the parts for my first spark gap
TC, I also have Goodchild's UD2.5 boards and LoneOceans MIDI interrupter
board (I know, I know, I'm supposed to make the spark gap one first, but
it's hard for me to stay on one task (o:)

I would like to build a multiple TC art installation along the lines of my
flame kalliope ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8sDM2_J9J8 ) so if you
could be so kind as to provide as much detail of your GF NST TC circuitry
and layout as possible, I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm recently retired and am looking for ways to get kids interested in
STEM, and I'm finding the best way is to put on a show to "suck them in"
(o:  And I got a young man coming over to help build my coils, so we can
pass the knowledge baton!
Thanks!
Dirk
Las Vegas, NV