[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] SRSG strobe [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] SRSG strobe

Dan, you can replace the moving electrodes with identical items made from
iron bar . Do the same with the stationary electrodes, and attach a nice
neodymium magnet to them at the far end. Next, wind a coil with, say, 50
turns around these stationary electrode substitutes.
When the electrodes pass by each other, an increase in magnetic flux will
be the result, and this fluxvariation will induce a current in the coils,
which you can monitor with your scope.
This should make it east to calibrate the gap once and for all.

Hope this helps, Cheers, Finn Hammer