[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Eastern Voltage Research VTTC Staccato Controller - puzzled on "burst" output [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Eastern Voltage Research VTTC Staccato Controller - puzzled on "burst" output

Hi John,

Thanks for explaining some background of this bypass switch in it's
original intent. Did not know earlier 555 circuits could not reach 60PPS.
So this makes sense now. So a bit of a "left over" from earlier designs on
the one from EVR.

The schematic I used on my breadboard built one does not have a bypass
switch, cause not needed really. For those that don't know, it is probably
the one most people use now, which is on Steve Ward's website. It has
references to John here, and a couple of other fellas.(Don't remember their
names currently.)

I remember you saying you have an unpopulated board.

BTW the EVR one with the extra "burst" mode is interesting and worthwhile
if it is working properly. So I am glad I have decided to populate mine and
give it a try and well "fix it". As I said, if I didn't do it soon, I would
probably never get around to it. Currently have several big tube projects
ongoing little by little. In addition to constantly modifying and learning
new things on my little 304 VTTC. Just can't leave it alone. But I think I
am getting nearer now to finalizing it   :^)

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my LG V20