[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Question

  Agree with you .  The twisted world of face b  , I can not handle the constant chatter .

    On Monday, October 21, 2019, 3:10:19 PM CDT, Jay Howson <jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I feel like social media in general has had a massive impact of all the email based lists, combined with a lack of image and file hosting.There are a few tesla coil groups on facebook that are very active. And those that are the top content generators also seem to have their own web pages that they use to host their content. The major disadvantage is of course the difficulty associated with searching past posts on facebook and solid info getting lost in the noise.The TCML archives are of immense value to anyone seeking to learn beginners and seasoned coilers. While the facebook pages are very in the moment type info displays, bragging, cool pics, questions, etc.I've said for a while that someone needs to make a version of facebook geared towards the "us" of the world, no ads, easily searchable archives, and a team of admins and sub admins to make sure it doesnt self-destruct. Simple message boards dont really cut it, and facebook itself doesnt really cut it. But a hybrid could be the ticket. Jay Howson
-------- Original message --------From: Yurtle Turtle via Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: 10/21/19  1:09 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [TCML] Question I remember when it used to take an effort after work each day, to get through all of the TCML posts, and that was with mods rejecting things that were OT.Has interest in coiling really dropped off as much as the list has, or have folks found other places to "gather"?_______________________________________________Tesla mailing listTesla@tedward.pupman.comhttps://www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla