[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power

Is there any doubt that if someone had attempted to discuss this project on
this list before building the working model that they would have been
moderated into silence?

I have discussed exactly this aspect of Tesla's wireless in the past and
was shut down. It's all in the electric field as opposed to the magnetic
field. Notice how there were hardly any discharges from the top load until
it had been operating a while? The discharge was likely because the
secondary going to the top load is still a wound coil. In Tesla's wireless
system, there were three coils in the secondary setup. The first coil was a
flat spiral, the secondary coil was a tall solenoid, and then there was a
long solid rod to the top load. The purpose of the long solid rod was to
act as an extension of the secondary. Despite being a solid rod, it still
provided inductance and pushed the potential even higher.

The purpose of the spiral coil at the bottom of the secondary was to handle
high current. I built a special jacketed solenoid coil
<https://tesla-coil-builder.com/spiral-solenoid-combination-coil> to
experiment with Tesla's magnified concept.

Tesla's three-coil secondary could theoretically be replaced with a trumpet
shaped secondary with the horn portion near the bottom. This trumpet shaped
secondary would have the minimal amount of loss and carry the greatest
amount of power per pound of wire. The windings at the bottom should be
thick, and the gauge of the wire should decrease as it approaches the top
load.

Tesla's top load also was not just a toroid. It was toroid-like on the
bottom, and a hemisphere on the top, with small hemispheres distributed
over the upper surface in order to maximize surface area. The only surface
area that needs to be maximized is the surface that is away from the
ground, as the electric force needs to be pushing upward toward the
ionosphere, and not back toward the ground.

David Thomson