[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power

I love it. Fantastic demonstration. But I hope that you are working to
determine, refine and publish the overall efficiency of such an
application. I like to show off to my friends the fact that my TC can
brightly illuminate a 48" fluorescent tube at 10' from the source. But in
order to do that I am pulling 12 amps at 140 volts for the primary input.
Its an incredible waste of energy to say the least. That being said, I am
merely a hobbyist. I have zero formal training on the matter other than
having a HAM license. I would really like to see the numbers regarding
power output from the transmitting coil compared to the actual work being
done in HP or some other quantifiable measurement by the receiving device.

My two cents

 - Brandon Garretson