[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Javatc question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Javatc question

I guess what is going on is the graphic representation of the final coil is correct but in the picture box, the final coil picture starts half way down in the box and extends below the box. I am going to set here till I figure what I am doing wrong. So you can hold off and I will try to work it out. I know this is something stupid on my part. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bart Anderson
Sent: December 30, 2020 1:24 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Javatc question

Hi Shaun,

Okay, well, I am a little stumped at your description. You say under the
"secondary coil...." and then begin talking about "primary" values in
the second paragraph. So I am going to assume you meant to say "primary
coil" in the first paragraph.

Height 1 is the distance from the end of the primary of Radius 1 to the
ground plane.
Height 2 is the distance from the end of the primary of Radius 2 to the
ground plane.

Now, you didn't mention the type of primary you are working on (flat,
helical, conical, etc.). So let me just throw down a few examples of
each and maybe from those you can figure it out. BTW, if you click on
the heading in each section (SECONDARY, PRIMARY, etc.) it will open up a
help file that has graphics to help explain how the inputs should be
inserted.

Some examples:

1) Flat coil (Archimedes Spiral):  Radius 1 = 4, Radius 2 = 8, Height 1
= 20, Height 2 = 20 (note height 1 and 2 are the same at 20 inches above
the ground plane).
2) Helical coil: Radius 1 = 8, Radius 2 = 8, Height 1 = 20, Height 2 =
30 (note the difference between height 1 and 2 is 10 inches and Radius 1
and 2 are the same. So a coil 16 inch diameter that is 10 inches tall).
3) Conical coil: Radius 1 = 4, Radius 2 = 8, Height 1 = 30, Height 2 =
20 (this coil is a cone where the smaller radius of the coil is at 30
inches and the larger radius is at 20 inches).
4) Inverted Conical coil: Radius 1 = 4, Radius 2 = 8, Height 1 = 20,
Height 2 = 30 (this is an inverted cone where the smaller radius is at
20 inches and the larger radius is at 30 inches).

Remember Height 1 and Radius 1 are always together for one end of the
coil and Height 2 and Radius 2 are the other end of the coil regardless
of it's shape. You might think of in terms of each end of the coil has
an X,Y value (width and height).

Anyway, maybe those examples will help explain how the  inputs work. Try
putting those into Javatc, Calculate, then go look at the graphic.

Take care,
Bart