From: Tesla <tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Ralph Hartwell
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2020 2:05 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: **External Email** Re: [TCML] DC motor fuse/rectifier issue

> grounded braided copper. I have an ammeter to monitor the motor, which
> indicates proper draw during runs (2-3 amps depending on speed), yet
> the cheap bridge (50 amp/1000 v) gets warm fast, and also does not
> endure an extended run on the coil.

The first question is - what happens when you run just the motor without firing the coil?  Does the rectifier overheat?

If it does not, then you likely have some RF from the coil getting into the rectifier circuit and causing problems.

If the heating still happens when the coil is not firing, then try a different bridge rectifier.  Looking at the circuit with an oscilloscope will tell you what's happening.
-

This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender, delete the original and all copies of the email and destroy any other hard copies of it.