[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Interesting historical rotary spark gap transmitter transformer. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Interesting historical rotary spark gap transmitter transformer.

I read all those QST's as kid in my teens and always cringed when I read of someone destroying a beautiful HV transformer by pulling off the HV secondary to 'convert' it.  20 years later that 'something' was available much cheaper and better. I n my wire scrap bin I still have remains of a Thordarson secondary. Also have a 1/4 kW synchtronous gap. I've run a small TC using an NST and that gap but without proper capactitors. Maybe only 12 inch discharge which makes a quiet 'zhzssssss' with 120 cycle hum. 12" x 4" toroid.

Ed