[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Interesting historical rotary spark gap transmitter transformer. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Interesting historical rotary spark gap transmitter transformer.

Chris
I think they must make an air gap big or small. I use a harbor freight
welder in series with a 5kw transformer the welders low voltage secondary
is shorted. There is an adjustment knob you turn that makes a few of the
laminations move in or out to change the welder current. Which will limit
the current draw so the 20 amp circuit breaker won't trip. Otherwise when I
short out this transformer running a Jacob's ladder or Tesla coil it would
draw too much. Wanted to make my own current limiter but the hobby arc 110
was cheap.