[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Interesting historical rotary spark gap transmitter transformer. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Interesting historical rotary spark gap transmitter transformer.

Hi all one last time here on this "already considered old in 1923"
transformer.

I have drawn up a quick sloppy sketch of this type R transformer after
studying pictures again and re-reading what Bert gave/found.
I think this is pretty close to what is actually physically there, could be
different some, but again close. Again I just like to know how some things
are physically in something "new" to me.

Link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BqApYsiWiR1EXhKF9

I am familiar with how fixed shunts are done a couple ways in NSTs.
How fixed shunts MOTs are done. And the adjustable shunts in low
voltage/high current welding transformers.
And of course what is achieved then.

I was just puzzled here on how it was done on this fella, and I will admit
that I did not word this probably the best on what I was after.

As soon as Bert gave the information on the whole extra external core leg,
I was better able to understand what I was physically seeing here along
with the adjuster. This is the first time for me to see this, so hence my
puzzlement.
So I have satisfied my curiosities and understand now what I am physically
seeing here. An interesting design of the past.

Thanks to all.

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S