[Home][2020 Index] [TCML] Substitute for Transformer [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Substitute for Transformer

I am still collecting parts to build my Staccato circuit. In the schematic,
it shows a 28 volt Transformer. It goes into a 7812 regulator. I am
assuming that just about any center tapped transformer capable of suppling
12 volts or more that the 7812 can sink will work. I have a transformer
but, it’s rather large physically. It’s one of those RadioShack Hobby
Transformers. I don’t think the circuit requires much power to operate so,
I feel it is overkill and takes up a lot of space.

Would everyone agree that this is correct?

Chip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cSFhf1KkwxsJs6fEZNxtjjcn7sloazqN/view?usp=drivesdk