[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Coupling [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Coupling

Clever approach, Mike!

You'd need to watch out for autotransformer effect bumping up voltage on the innermost turn. You might need to widen the gap between innermost turn and secondary but otherwise this should work.

Bert

mike tucknott via Tesla wrote:
Hi All

With a bipola coil would having 2 movable tap point work for changing the coupling ?

Say the coil need 5 turns to be in tune, you could built the primary with 10 turns and you could move the inner and outer taps points in or out but still keeping the 5 turns needed to keep the coil in tune, the inner and outer turns passed the tap point would be electrialy dead so to speak.

Thoughts on this one guys.

Cheers Mike T