[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] way off base [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] way off base

Achieving maximum Q is about considering ALL factors, physical placement of
components, build quality and materials used, symmetry and geometry,
quality of electrical connections, environmental conditions (temperature,
wind and humidity), grounding, spatial considerations (ie were the device
is placed in relation to the floor, ceiling and surrounding objects that
may interfere with tuning) and of course, any changes to the values of the
electrical components themselves. If you alter capacitance and/or
inductance anywhere in the device you will need to make adjustments to
achieve the general goal of hobby coiling, which is to produce the longest
and most impressive looking and sounding streamers. You can plug numbers
into a program all day and build the "perfect" TC, but you can never count
on that program to give you the perfect results. Use theory and programs to
form a baseline, use your eyes, ears, your gut instincts and some elbow
grease to get the best results.