[Home][2020 Index] [TCML] Excited [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Excited

After reading several post about setting the John F phase controller seems
many are incorrectly setting the timing to the peak ac mains, as was I. You
guys straightened me out and I have restudied Richie B, web site and now
know to set the firing to peak of the charging cap, at least that what I
understand at the moment. Im pumped to try the correct method out. Have one
question, is there a easy way to find the peak of the cap, seen some just
going by ear. With only 45 degrees of phase movement could take a bit of
lock and unlock, would like to be in the ball park.

My initial idea is use a ct to trigger off the primary. Thank any for there
insight.