[Home][2021 Index] Re: [TCML] Rebuilding VTTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Rebuilding VTTC

I just had to LOLZ!!!!!!!

One of the main reasons I am rebuilding this tube coil was the ‘bad’ MMC…

No drain resistors… Just to start…….

So I was pulling the old cap out and it shocked the s*** out of me!!!!!!

Even thought the across the full thing was at zero volts the internal caps still held a “good” charge!!!

https://imgbox.com/aC8CB0Ij

Old MMC on right, and new under construction MMC on left.

And after a day from being powered up….

So really, splash them drain resistors across all series MMC caps in all cases!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Projects-100EP51210M0-10M-Resistors-Pack/dp/B01ADMLP30

I am not going to change this coils tuning. The models suggest that the original makers knew what they were doing :)

All the voltages and currents into the two tubes should be good to go!

https://imgbox.com/roNaEB7t[https://imgbox.com/roNaEB7t]

T.