[Home][2021 Index] Re: [TCML] Can anyone rent out a tall chainmail suit? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Can anyone rent out a tall chainmail suit?

Hi

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 15:48, Ian Charnas <ian.charnas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm part of Tesla <http://teslaorchestra.com/> Orchestra
> <http://teslaorchestra.com>. We have a chainmail suit that barely fits me
> at 5' 6" but we're looking to do a collaboration with a fellow who is 6' 2"
>
> Does anyone have a tall chainmail suit that they'd be interested in renting
> out to us briefly?

Given that mail suits are usually handmade and take many many many many
many months of tedious effort, they are hard to come by.  Your best bet is
to look for a local mediaeval re-enactment group.  If there's an SCA branch
nearby they might have one. I used to be a re-enactor, but mail was way too
tedious for me.  Assuming that you are going to have vast blobs of
electricity washing across it, you might want to mention what you want to
do with it to the person who owns it, as damage might, again, be
super-tedious to repair.

Given that you did not provide a location uhhhhhhh assuming you are in the
US you might be lucky.

ddraig
--
  ddraig@xxxxxxxxx              ddraigbot / NSO / Connery
         ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...