[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: (no subject) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: (no subject)

On 5/2/21 3:36 PM, shaun wrote:
Im trying to find out some info on fiber optic heads. Like HfBR-2412 rx, tx
all different numbers and I don't know what tx will go with what receive.

The things that *must* match is the wavelength, the kind of fiber (single vs multimode, diameter) and the kind of fiber connector (unless you want to try and find a cable with different connectors on the two ends.

After that, it's more a matter of the "optical gain" of the laser vs receiver diode.

The HFBR-2412 is a *receiver* with ST connector and 820nm (visible red) using multimode fiber, with a TTL output.

The HFBR-1412 is the companion transmitter (you'll have a short run for a TC, so you probably don't need the 1414, which is the high power version)

It kind of looks like those are to be used with a 62.5/125 fiber (see the data sheet)
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/678/AV02-0176EN_2019-02-15-1827546.pdf

have two board in mind but I don't know if they will plug together. I would
like to buy this, but I don't know if it will plug into the other board.

Will this>>>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133683486901

Plug into this>>>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124688760936

I have spent days trying to find info on the fiber head numbers and what
they mean. Thanks a mil if you can help.