[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: VTTC schematic for 813 [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: VTTC schematic for 813

Mike,
I had built a VTTC some time ago in which I experimented with using various tubes such as the 810, HF300, and also an 813.  the 810 or the HF300 produced a 21" spark output.  the 813 gave a 16" spark.  I tried it with the control grid tied to the other grid.  I also tried it with the other grid fed through a dropping resister from the HV power transformer.   It gave 16" in both cases.  My guess it that with further optimization it would probably have given a 21" spark like the other tubes.  Although these tubes were probably rated for around 2 or 3 thousand volts DC on the plate, I fed them with around 3200 volts AC on the plate.  The schematic was just the basic type VTTC schematic which is very commonly used.  I also used a 140V output step up type variac to power the VTTC.
John