Cornell-Dubilier caps (was salt water caps or buckets?)

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> Complete plans for a bucket cap can be found at...
>
> http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/Projects/Tesla/capacitors.htm

I noticed you're using Cornell-Dubilier caps.  I have a bunch of these
(.047uF 3000vdc) that I was planning on using for an MMC.  Then I found
a doc on one of Terry's pages (which I can't find now -  it listed
"good" caps and "bad" caps for MMC's), and the Cornell-Dubilier's were
the only "bad" cap listed.  I know somebody else on the list used these
and they blew rather easily.  Are they working for you?  Maybe the ones
you have are constructed differently - mine are pure metallized film, no
foil (I unrolled one).

BTW, your page (listed above) doesn't view under Netscape 4.7

	- Bill