Re: rotary spark gap

>  tips anyone can give me for opening the thing up properly would be greatly
>  appreciated.
>                                      Justin

Justin,

Some el-cheapo motors from washing machines, dryers, etc,
have a frame that is welded or glued together.  It's a lot easier
to use a motor that has 4 very long screws at each corner that
hold the motor together.  Just remove the 4 screws and pry off
the end cap/caps.  If the motor is 1725 rpm, it gets 4 flats,
and each should be evenly spaced around the armature rotor,
and each should be 3/4" wide if the rotor is 3.3" diameter.  The
width of the flats is not real critical.

John Freau