Proper primary wire

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

It's not absurd at all.

Remember Ohm's Law.  The highest resistance point in the circuit will
determine the maximum current that can flow.  If it's limited by the 14 AWG
wire then this is an area where the proper design would have prevented the
problem.  The primary builds it's magnetic field which is determined by
maximum current flow.  Restrict the current just a small amount in this area
and you begin to restrict performance.  Not a lot, I agree, but it will be
restricted.

Peak currents can be as high as 50-60 Amperes and we must remember that
these are high frequency currents not just DC or 60 Hz currents so the usual
charts do not apply.

If you do the experiment and measure the peak currents with 14 AWG and 4 AWG
in a 12/60 NST system you will see the difference for yourself.  Spark
output is usually on 2-3 inches shorter but the peak current in the channel
is greater with a substantial primary.  The sparks are brighter.

Like I said before, I know a guy in High School with me who actually drove
his 1965 Ford Mustang for 90,000 miles and never changed the oil.  He just
said, "Why bother?"

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.