To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 7:27 AM
Subject: Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:58 PM

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Good job Malcolm! It looks great!
> Bart

Thanks.  I got the strike ring make tonight too
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/19.jpg
I wasn't sure if I was supposed to connect one end of it to earth or not?

And I made my capacitor bank or MMC as I believe it's called.  I also put 10
Meg 1/2 watt resistors across each cap as suggested.
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/20.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/21.jpg

Still need to make the safety gap across the MMC and wire up the HV stuff.
Oh and winding the secondary and building  my torid are the last two major
things.

Do I adjust the safety gap across the MMC slightly larger than what ever my
spark gap gets set at?  1/8" or 1/4" wider, maybe?

Thanks
Malcolm - KC