Ignition Coil Driver Questions

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,
I built a simple ignition coil driver, it is based on a schmatic I
saw online, except I had different parts to use, so it is a little
different (part wise). it is a lmc555, driving a single 25A
transistor, I get good 1" arcs, that make a loud screech (like
fingernails on a chalkboard) I can adjust the freq from fairly low,
to up past the audible range. It was a lot louder then I thought it
would be, and I was thinking of replacing the 555 with a lm386, and
feeding an audio signal into it, I am thinking that this would cause
the arc to act as a speaker, or am I missing something, would the
sinewave audio signal work as well as the squarewave I am currently
using?

secondly, Using the circuit I have (with the 555) how could I build a
tesla coil that could run from this supply, would I use a S.G. and
primary cap and make it a disruptive coil, or would I just make a
primary winding, and use my 555 to adjust primary freq(a simple solid
state coil)?

-Rich