Two Manifestations of Charge - 3D version of ETesla - MicroSim

Hi Mark,

It is almost trivial...

Instead of a rod along side of the coil, we just place an isolated disk above the coil. The ground wire comes down from the ceiling along the center axis.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/MarcTest.gif

This preserves all of the axial symmetry so the present version of E-Tesla can do it. We probably don't even have to worry about the floating potential disk since the fields it would be inside in this case are very uniform. The disk will just be the some potential as the equipotential contours it is in.

I just added a grounded rod from the ceiling to the center of the toroid and added a point to the top of the toroid too:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-70.gif

A disk placed between the points will pretty much have equal potentials in that area. Looks to be about 65% of the top voltage between the terminals. If the disk were 6 inches in diameter and about 5 cm away from the top terminal it would have about 3pF of capacitance to the sphere. The terminal/coil itself is about 30pF If we assume 100kV for the top terminal voltage and 35kV from the disk to the terminal, we have almost all the information we need...

A MicroSim schematic and model can now be drawn:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-71.gif

U1 and R1 represent the disk to ground wire spark gap that looks so hot. U2 and R2 represent the Disk to top terminal spark gap that appears dim. C2 is the capacitance from the disk to the top terminal and C1 is the top terminal capacitance.

If we run the model and look at the arc currents we get:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-72.gif

With R1 and R2 at 1k ohm we get about the same currents I saw in the real test:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest40.gif
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest42.gif

But now lets look at the instantaneous streamer power vs. time as Dave mentioned:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-73.gif

Holly Guacamole!!!! The Blue line is the instant power in the rod to ground wire (bright spark) hitting 18MW (24,000 HP). The Yellow line is the rod to terminal arc that appears to be dimmer only hitting 1.8MW (2,400 HP). So the bright spark seems to have 10X the instantaneous power!!!!! That is why it is brighter...

As I eluded to last time. The key is the arc speed. At that speed, the disk to top terminal 3pF capacitance is just "shorting the current around" the disk to terminal spark gap...

This is not quite the same situation as a side rod, but it should be the same effect adjusting things to match that situation as close as possible and letting us get some real computer tools in there.

Cheers,

        Terry