Re: JAVATC Version 11 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:38:18 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: JAVATC Version 11 (fwd)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting me know all is working. Regarding this bipolar cone
configuration, no I can't. I'm limited to what Geotc can do and at this
point, it is written for 2 coils only. However, there are always
workarounds and Javatc can be made to model this coil. The unfortunate
part is the crunching time will increase. Given the program today, this
is how I would do it (and it's a lot of manual manipulation):

1) Enter cone 1 in the Secondary
2) Enter cone 2 in the Primary
3) Insert rings (topload with a ground connection) with the diameter
equal to the primary.
   ** 1 ring for each primary turn at it's position.
4) Run Javatc
5) Note the resonant frequency of the coil that had dimensions inserted
into the secondary inputs.
   ** This frequency is true for both cones if identical.
6) Clear Javatc.
7) Insert the primary and the cap size.
8) Tune the coil via cap or Lpri manually changing turns until the
frequency in step 5 is achieved.

This will get you close. Keep your eye on the coupling while doing this.

This type of manipulation is possible with Javatc, but it requires a
thought through algorithm before you start. The secondary coil inputs
will run and show Fres from Les and Ces. The primary coil input will
only perform a Ldc frequency (you should find they are slightly
different), but by inserting the second cone in the primary, we get it's
ext C effects for a true value for the first coil. The rings also
represent the ext C portion of the primary for the same reason. Thus,
once the first coils frequency is found, we know exactly what the second
coils frequency is also if it's identical. That is simply steps 1 to 5.
Step 7 and 8 simply finds the LC values required for that frequency.

When you start thinking of how Javatc can be used in this way, it does
open up a door or two of modeling.

Sorry I can't do 3 coils, that would be cool. But, not at this time. I
understand though, I can't count the number of times I wished it could.

Oh, crunching time will be increased due to step 3. Inserting a large
number of objects has that affect.

Take care,
Bart