Re: [TCML] Terry filters

I must be missing something. How can the current be any higher than feeding a dead short? At 120mA continuous, I'm assuming not just intermittent gap conductions, but actually more
as if the gap were shorting the transformer 100% duty cycle.

(unless you're running a resonant cap, something I'll never do, as I don't care to risk
my hard-to-replace 120mA NST)"

Remember that resonance of the secondary isn't particularly sharp and there's quite a range of capacitance on either side of the "exact" resonant value for which the output voltage will be greater than rated. Also, since the leakage reactance varies with flux density in the core, there isn't any "exact" value.

Ed