Re: [TCML] Tesla's spinning egg of Columbus

Gary,

So it did to me last time the subject was up, but I was informed that when the fields from adjacent windings oppose each other, the resultant field leaves the core quite freely. As in Television Tube deflector coils.

Ed Phillips answered it, so I don`t question the  answer.

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2006/Oct/msg00152.html
Cheers, Finn Hammer

Lau, Gary skrev:
I've not studied the topic beyond a casual interest, but the choice of a toroidal core seems curious to me.  Isn't the point of a toroidal core, to as completely as possible, contain all of the magnetic flux (so the egg would see very little of it)?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA