Re: Potting on the Cheap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 08:34:29 -0600
From: June Heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Potting on the Cheap (fwd)

Matt: I have used silicon RTV sealant with good results, but you need to
cure it well. I recommend you use "Heat glue" to seal your diodes. I use
plastic drinking straws to hold my series strings of diodes and seal them
full of heat glue. no AIR, WATER ,OR PROBLEMS.  I solder the diode leads
side by side about 6cm long with out wrapping the leads
----   Robert    H            - Original Message -----