Re: Potting on the Cheap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:26:06 +0100
From: colin.heath4 <colin.heath4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Potting on the Cheap (fwd)

hi matthew,
                    the problem with that silicone is its acidic and will
corrode the joints. candle wax is fine if melted then poured over slowly.
but then it is fragile one slight bend and it doesnt work any more.
i would go for melted vaseline poured over slow as not to cause air bubbles.
then once it sets you have a flexible high voltage potting compound.
cheers
colin