Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Ed Phillips wrote:

> "[I know a few Macintosh users who have problems distinguishing "IBM
> compatible" PC's from space heaters, but that's another problem
> entirely. ;-) SRR]"
>
> 	Here's a Mac user who feels that way.  I have a 500 MHz P3 PC but use
> it only "as a last resort".
>
> Ed

Ed, Ed, Ed...

Different strokes, eh?  I have a gaggle of Unix/Linux systems here at
work, and a few Windows PC's at home.  Computers are tools, not religions.
You could have ANY computer of mine - past, present, or future, a
loooooooong time before you'd even have to think about prying the keyboard
from my cold, dead fingers (which is how one of my co-workers actually
felt about his Mac!) ;-)

And now to deftly bring this back to the topic of high voltage so I won't
feel guilty about replying on-list, I imagine that a Macintosh would make
a very nice discharge target for one of Resonance Research's large, 32"
spark, machine-gun VDG's, or maybe one of the government's Marx
generators that Barry Benson used to work with.

Steve