Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:01:51 -0800
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

"Hi Ed,

They all come from Michael Gordan Ltd. which I think is just down the
street from your location.  Mirror Balls from Waterscapes that are drop
shipped from Michael Gordans.

They all have a little hole in them for pressure/manufacturing that I
can
compare the "real" edge too...
  the Starrett says "darn close" to 0.030...

All from China or India so "cheap" is the name of the game...

Cheers,

         Terry"

	I haven't calculated the weight but it must be considerable.  I can see
why you're not anxious to take a pair of snips to the stuff!  Having the
hole there to begin with is an advantage, but one that's hard to
exploit.  I wonder about a power nibbler?  Any idea if the stuff work
hardens?  I'm been considering buy a couple of these but figured they
were much thinner and easier to manhandle.

Ed