Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:57:52 -0600
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

The Pelletron is unique in that there are metal to ceramic bonding.  This is
a secret of the Pelletron and Prof. Herb developed it at UW when I was
there --- it remains a company secret to this day.

The problem with balls on a nylon thread is ---- how do you cause them to
move?  Can't use any metal gears or sprockets.  That's why after testing
many systems they went with metal to ceramic bonds.  They also use this for
the accelerator portion of their product.  Metal HV stabilizing rings bonded
to ceramic insulators.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.