Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:08:38 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

> Charles Brush"
>
> The thought of making hundreds of beads sort of discourages me.  I have
> been wondering if a jewelry or art supply store might have metallic
> beads with holes for stringing already there.  Might not be too much
> work to make up a "necklace" and give it a try.

Hie thee to Michaels or equivalent (a large store catering to the craft
market) and spend some time browsing.  There's all manner of balls, rods,
etc, made of all manner of materials. Conductive paint might be nice to add
to some.

Pingpong balls might work nicely, and a hot needle can quickly make very
nice holes.  They're moderately expensive though.