Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:32:10 -0500
From: Charles Brush <cfbrush@xxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

Hi everyone,

Just to digress for a moment back to regular VDG belts, here is a
company that supplies belts for transport systems in factories and
such.  Materials available include things like PVC, polyester,
nitrile, urethane, monofilament, teflon, mylar, novitane, and they
also have transmission belts in leather, nylon, plied rubber,
oriented nylon.  What is best material for a standard pumped VDG
belt?  I imagine you could make quite a substantial VDG with a big
food transport conveyor belt  as the charge carrier:

http://www.akronbelting.com/public/belting.cfm

On a somewhat related note....you gotta love ebay!  I just bought my
second field mill from a UK company.  It's another portable unit with
ranges from 1kV/m to 1000kV/m and includes a chart recorder output
which will be great (I have a handy A/D box and some charting
software that I have been using with an electrometer to observe storm
related field changes).  I can't wait for it to arrive later this
week.

Zap!

Charles Brush