Re: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:20:38 -0500
From: Ralph Zekelman <hyperion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Book (wasRe: Electrometer design) (fwd)

Hello Malcolm,

How is the Mrs.?

The storm came thru Tuesday, at around 6 PM. That was the start of
a 47.5 hr power outage. Had to toss a lot of stuff from the fridge and
freezer. A bummer. The beer supply is cold again.

Re the item below:
Most encyclopedia articles and most books show the "classical"
Tesla coil circuit with the capacitor across the transformer. Ditto
for spark-gap transmitters. My first efforts in coiling all used that
circuit. I daresay that only Pupman listees have been enlightened
to use the other circuit with the cap in series and the SG across
the secondary.

The brief mention (by Terry?) of photon effects as the "messenger
particle" for  the RF field is interesting. I think quantum effects
for a TC are as applicable as they are when I go thru a doorway. Just
IMHO, I do not think they apply. Interesting tho.

Regards,
Ralph