Anti-parallel Advice (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:32:55 -0600
From: Carl Litton <Carl_Litton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Anti-parallel Advice

Holy Cow!

Well, thanks to everyone that has responded.  It seems we all have
differing interpretations of this term or that it has several meaning in
differing contexts.  I must admit to being in a bit of a quandary as to
which relates most closely to what I am asking.

Since, my issue involves the interconnection of transformer primaries
only, I interpret those responses as that there are 2 views:

One that (assuming single phase 120V with Black = LINE and White =
NEUTRAL) connecting the 'black' wire  to the 'righthand' side of one
xfrmr and to the 'lefthand' side of the second xfrmr actually produces a
different result (in terms of phasing) than if that 'black' wire were
connected to the 'righthand' side of both.

And another view that this would make absolutely no difference.

Hmmmmmm?

Carl Litton