Re: cheap way to test "doorknob" capacitors? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:13:01 -0600
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: cheap way to test "doorknob" capacitors? (fwd)

The high Q factor due to low inductance with this type of test could
seriously damage either the cap or the power xmfr.  Don't do it this way!!!

Use a DC uA or mA meter in series, rectify output, and look for excessive
leakage current to ground.  I've designed a special probe to do this which I
will share with you if you send a SASE to my address.

Dr. Resonance

Since