Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:34:26 -0400
From: Bob Paddock <bpaddock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 12:17 pm, High Voltage list wrote:

> BTW, bummer about your DMM.  I have a good Fluke which I never allow
> near HV, and a $29 Chinese import from Harbor Freight which I use
> around potentially dangerous electronics.

Pickup some SuperTex depletion mode FETs from Mouser then check out
Application Note AN-D11 "+/- 500 volt protection circuit" .

http://www.supertex.com/pdf/app_notes/AN-D11.pdf

Gives your test equipment and A/D inputs some fault protection.

Several other "High Voltage" circuits:

http://www.supertex.com/documents/application_notes

I'm sure everyone on this list thinks those are low voltage circuits. :-)

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/